PS5 releasing soon in Christmas 2020
Sony has given the public the first official look at their new console, the PS5. Sony confirms the release date of the most awaited video game, @PlayStation 5 going next gen later this year. Current situation of COVID-19 has affected the release plans and price of the popular PlayStation but its definitely en route. The specs looks promising and looks are quite distinct. Thankfully the news and rumors of the PS5 doesn’t let us feel we are facing a delay even with the cancellations of the events around COVID-19
PS5: Specs and Performance
The PS5 has been confirmed to be run on AMD CPU chip which is based on the third generation of AMD’s Ryzen. The eight-core beast is definitely going to be super fast than the previous PS4. Also Sony confirms that the new PS5 will be 100 times faster than the PS4.
The PS5 is going to harness the graphics power of the last generation Zen CPU architecture with Navi graphics architecture. Here’s the full Specs we want to know fromDigital Foundry
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: 10.28TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU Architecture: Custom RDNA 2
- Memory/Interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256=bit
- Memory Bandwidth: 448GB/s
- Internal Storage: Custom 825GB SSD
- IO Throughput: 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
- Expandable Storage: NVMe SSD Slot
- External Storage: USB HDD Support
- Optical Drive: 4K UHD Blu-Ray Drive
What will be the price line of the PS5?
Sony is struggling to make the price of the new PS5 affordable Bloomberg sources suggest that the scarcity of some internal parts in the PS5 is getting the price up on the production line, and Sony is trying to pass the buck to the costumers. The sources say the current unit price of the PS5 is about $450, which some in the company worry may already seem too excessive to some potential buyers.